In order to foster a conducive and supportive environment at Launching Point and to promote a positive image, it is imperative that all attendees exercise good judgment and a sense of common decency in regards to dress. Launching Point is a special and unique organization, and it is believed that all individuals attending any group or program are able to discern the difference between appropriate and inappropriate dress. However, if there is any doubt as to what is acceptable, the following guidelines have been established to guide people’s decisions.
All dress code guidelines apply to all Launching Point sponsored events, activities, seminars and anywhere Launching Point is being represented and during any group or program at Launching Point.
- The dress code is modest attire. Simply dress modestly. By adhering to this dress code, we are limiting all visual body distractions.
- Keep in mind that the dress code is very important, as we have a mixed group and want to remain respectful of others (as well as ourselves)
- No tube tops, halter-type tops, or mesh shirts. No exposed midriff; tops must cover the waistband of skirts, shorts, or pants.
- Sagging pants, tight undersized pants, or sheer leggings/tights of any kind are not permitted.
- No items with provocative, offensive, violent, or drug-related pictures or slogans either explicitly or by innuendo. Items advertising alcoholic beverages or tobacco products will not be permitted.
- Appropriate undergarments must be worn and not visible.
- T-shirts, hats, tattoos, and other articles of clothing bearing inappropriate word imprints, symbols, any recognized gang insignia, will not be allowed.
- Open wounds must be covered.